Now Watching:
CAVES OF CAMPANET - 2'14

Share with a friend Send
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

NAME: CAVES OF CAMPANET

The caves of Campanet were opened to the public on the  november 10th , 1948. The caves were discovered while prospecting for water in 1945. The architect Josep Ferragut designed its building and facilities. The caves are located 40 km far away from the city of Palma. It was declared Site of Special Scientific and leisure interest. The caves are located at highway Palma – Sa Pobla, Exit 37. Open every day. Bar and Gift Shop. Easy parking and Guided tours are available. The caves have a surface area of 3.200 square metres. It is a 400m long walk. The area is endowed with substantial calcareous deposits. Fossil remains of Myotragus Balearicus were found in the area. A caprid endemic to Mallorca and Menorca that became extinct around 4.000 years ago. A visit to the caves runs through galleries and rooms with suggestive names as ‘’  The romantic room ‘’One of the most unusual natural water features occurs in the area. ‘’Ses Fons ufanes‘’, a spectacular hidrologycal phenomenon. The caves of Campanet have been location for several movies.

 

 

WEB: www.covesdecampanet.com

PHONE: (+34) 971516130

Comentarios

Leave a Reply